Can I sell new items as well as secondhand items?
- Yes, you may sell both new and secondhand items at the same time.
- You may also sell packaged food & beverages at he same time.
- Please keep in mind that garage sale is meant to sell the stuffs you actually do not want to keep anymore - so price them low, even if it is new. It is good not to have to bring your items back home again. If you want to sell them at a higher price point, it is probably better to sell them on websites or bazaar at the malls.
Who are the target market? Is the crowd promising?
- Visitors vary from housewives, students to families and people from the neighbourhood area.
- We do not guarantee the number of visitors on the day of the event.
What if, after making payments, I cannot or decided not to join Pink Garage Sale events?
- Once you have made payments, there is no refund and no rollover to next events.
- You may find your replacement should you decide not to participate in the event you have paid for.
- Your replacement would need to quote your name, as the table is reserved under your name.
What kind of preparations I need?
After holding a few garage sale events, I have some tips to share with you guys who are planning to sell your stuffs at our Pink Garage Sale event.
I. Price it Low
Garage sale is meant to sell the stuffs you actually do not want to keep anymore - so price them low. It is good not to have to bring your items back home again. If you want to sell them at a higher price point, it is probably better to sell them on websites or bazaar at the malls.
You could sell your used makeup, skincare products, perfume, toys, books, children’s and men’s items, household appliances (hairdryer, lunch box, kitchen sets, etc.), interior decorations, furniture, paintings, and so on and so forth, whatever you want to get rid of.
II. Price Tag
NO, don’t worry, you don’t have price tag everything. You can just price them collectively.
This step is important even though it takes time to price things. But it is worth it as you won't remember how much each item you want to sell and it gets harder when buyers are asking you for prices all at the same time.
There are several ways to price your stuffs:
- Most recommended: you do not actually have to put a price tag on everything as you could organize your stuffs in boxes and sorted by their price.
- The most awesome but the most tedious: you could make a list of your stuffs and price them in a book.
- Something more doable: you could stick prices on items with small stickers.
- If you're feeling lazy: you could price everything the same and hang a poster or place a whiteboard/signboard next to your piles of items.
III. Best Friend for the day: plastic bags/paper bags, zip lock, boxes, containers, hangers, rack, basket, and luggage
All of these things that keep you organized will save your day. Plastic bags/paper bags for the buyers, zip lock to store and keeping small things together, boxes/hangers/containers/rack/basket to keep the things you sell organized. If you are running out of containers or boxes, you could actually utilize luggage bags - not only they can store your things, but you can also easily move items and use them to display your things.
IV. Wallet and Small Change
You need place to keep all the money you earn. You can use money container or sling bag. Prepare small money for easy change. There are many types of people who would come by to the garage sale event and because of this you need to be cautious in keeping your money safe with you.
V. Advertise! Advertise!
This is the most important!
Especially one-week before the garage sale event, advertise the garage sale event. The internet is free - Instagram, Facebook, Path, email, WhatsApp, Blackberry, word of mouth, forums and so on and so forth.